American Kitchen and Bath, Inc. is a fully licensed, insured and bonded company. Our license number is 886059.
A FEW OF THE REQUIREMENTS THAT LICENSED CONTRACTORS MUST MEET BEFORE THEY ARE ALLOWED TO WORK ON RESIDENTIAL HOME IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS:
- They may only use a statutorily-compliant contract issued by the State of California, which is about 6 pages long.
- They are only allowed to accept a deposit of $1,000, or 10% of the amount of the contract, whichever is the lesser amount.
- All change orders must be in writing, agreed to and signed by all parties.
- All subcontractors used on the job must also be fully licensed.
- Workers Compensation Insurance must be in place for all non-owner employees of the contractor.
CITY AND TOWN LICENSES
We have a valid business license for doing remodeling work in every local city and town that we work in. This is a legal requirement for obtaining building permits in individual cities and towns. We are well versed in the permit application process in all local jurisdictions. We will make sure that all work requiring a permit will have one before we begin that part of the job.
GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE
General Liability Insurance will cover bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and other claims that can arise.
WORKMANS COMPENSATION INSURANCE
Workman’s Compensation Insurance will cover the employees of your contractor in the event they become injured while working on your project.